Monday 4 January 2016

Blind Spot Series 2016




This year I took part in The Matinee's brilliant BLIND SPOT series. I chose 12 films that are considered classics or that I considered to be classics and watch one each month. Or that is what I was meant to do, but I missed 2 month for one reason or another and had to cram 3 films into December. I have actually watched them all but alas, I failed a little, I didn't get the last post in before 2016 so there will be a few posts for both this year and last year appearing this month

This year I have prepped. I have bought a couple of films on DVD already and queued a few on Netflix too. I already plan to watch one film next December. From the list, you can probably guess which one.

I've tried to keep the list balanced, but I've ended up with quite a few films made in the same era. There are 4 British, 1 Russian, 1 German, 1 French and 5 American films. Only one animation and only one documentary. Sort of balanced. The films are:

Russian Ark
Peeping Tom
Gaslight
Forbidden Planet
It’s a Wonderful Life
Local Hero
Grey Gardens
The Lives of Others
The Odd Couple
The Innocents
The Triplets of Belleville
Breakfast at Tiffany’s


I should be posting each month and hopefully, if I can get my act together quick enough, you'll find a link on The Matinee's page too. Check out his picks this year too, as well as the other bloggers involved (link at the top).

4 comments:

  1. I love Its A Wonderful Life, but then James Stewart is my favourite actor so that's unsurprising, The Innocents and Breakfast at Tiffanys are also great choices, hopefully you're in for a fun year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I haven't seen any of these so I'm really looking forward to reading your reviews :)
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Hoping that I they were worth the wait :) Why not make a list too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love James Stewart - recently saw The Shop Around the Corner - brilliant film, woud have loved to see the play.

    ReplyDelete