Wednesday 21 August 2013

Better Late Than Never

I actually set myself some New Year's resolutions this year. I even wrote a post about it. I had 9. I have so far kept to 5, have yet to achieve 2 and there is one resolution I put in but it was more of a long haul thing.

Here is a reminder of what I wrote back in December 2012: 
http://eversoethnicallyconfused.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/bring-on-2013.html

1. I did not stick to, I think I lasted a month if I'm pushing it.
2. I do write, not everything finished but I have been writing each month.
3. I did pass in May!
4. Due to redundancy and hellsville, this didn't work out. I did save money but then I had dip back in to survive.
5. I do read more, alot more. This is thanks to my internship last month.
6. See below
7. This was the long haul deal, plus I'm just wishing here.
8. I did see the dentist and yes, it was very expensive.
9. I changed this as I shouldn't have been specific. I went to Cornwall, that was my holiday for the year.

So my film related challenge? Well I did get a second hand copy of 1001 movies to see before you die, but it seemed impossible to complete the challenge in a time frame that wasn't my lifespan. So again, this was going to be challenge completed over years.

I do have a challenge though. I will attempting to write 50,000 words (175 pages roughly) next month. The challenge is usually taken in November as part of National Novel Writing Month, but I have another competition deadline in October and I want/need 5,000 words done by then. I thought if I get 50,000 words done thats even better!

Wish me luck next month when I immerse myself and look out for my 'Ask Me About My Novel' sticker I will be wearing each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment