Saturday 23 March 2013

Print Flamingos

On Wednesday evening was the launch party of issue 4 of the marvelous Flamingo magazine. It was held at The Print Club in Dalston, London http://www.printclublondon.com/

The gallery was packed with creatives and delicious ales and of course the new issue. I was very excited to see the magazine in print, not only because Flamingo is a true indie magazine and also has great articles, it smells great, that new magazine smell, but I had an article printed in the issue. I was ecstatic to say the least. I tried to contain my cool but I did squeak slightly with delight.


I had interviewed Doug Weir from the BFI about film restoration back in October and couldn't wait to see it in print. I have had poetry printed and few things on websites but this is my first article printed in a magazine.

Flamingo is a fantastic magazine, I urge everyone to pick up a copy of issue 4, The Future Craft issue. It is full of articles and illustrations about crafting from brewing your beer, knitting, writing taxidermy and gardening. The magazine really does do what it says in the cover 'a magazine that celebrates doing-it-yourself'.

http://www.flamingomagazine.com/





No comments:

Post a Comment