Friday 4 January 2013

It's a New Day, It's a New Dawn, It's a New Life For Me

Not quite a new life, this one looks very much like the old one, except that this one is trying to keep up my resolutions.

So far this year I have managed to almost fill out a form to join a new dentist surgery, attended a very good interview (but only time will tell) and I have sold a few things on Amazon. So three days in and its not looking too bad.

On the more fun side of things, and yes that means film/TV related, I finally watched Kung Fu Panda 2 and oh my is was sad. I though animation was more uplifting. I am really hoping there is another, love those kung fu animals. I went to see the Lord of the Ring trilogy in the cinema again (its become a yearly ritual). I watched A Team at least 4/5 times in a row. I think I left it on all night and kept waking up and watching bits. Watched Up with the family, only for Doug the dog, love that dog. Finally watched a documentary on Tove Jansson, creator of the Moomins and the christmas special of Downton Abbey, not happy with the latter at all.

But the main event I finished watching only a few hours ago. The final episodes of Haven season 3. I had waited almost two months for those episodes and not only were they totally worth waiting for but MY GAAAAAD it was a cliffhanger for the ages. (I am aware that I am exaggerating). Sorry to those who don't watch this 'sleeper TV hit' but it really is great, as the seasons have passed its only got better. I was literally screaming at the screen at what was going on. For my old Uni house mates they know what I'm like with TV and screaming at it, either in anger or excitement. It catches on I tell ye. Soon everyone will be yelling at TV shows that aren't sports related.

As its a new year I think maybe I need to do something dramatic, like last year, I shaved half my head. Now I'll spend all this year growing it out.  I had a few idea such as; go on a pilgrimage in my yellow boots, sell all my dvds/books/clothes then use the money to buy a car, a very cheap car, finally visit Finland and the Moomin museum, or go to Alaska and work with the seals. I think I'll have to keep brain storming.

No comments:

Post a Comment