Sunday 19 June 2011

Things To Do In Hatfield When You're Dead

I should say now that this is not a crime blog and this entry should not be compared to the 1995 film Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead.

There is a difference in lists when talking about things you should do at University and things you must do in Hatfield. The main difference is that the latter is really short.

1. Visit Hatfield House - I did this only recently, after three years I went to the only famous place in Hatfield.
2. Go to St Albans - I have been to St Albans quite frequently, especially after the discovery of the amazing olives and bread at the weekend market.
3. Go to Watford - Went there once in first year. This is because my friends wanted to go shopping and they offered me a lift, otherwise I don't think I would have gone and after seeing it, I won't go again.
4. The Forum - This is also a Uni thing to do but its a Hatfield thing now because anyone can go to it. The nights out there were better last year, mostly because The Forum was new and interesting, now everyone is poor and going out is a luxury.
5. Various places/shops in the Galleria - most importantly the Chinese buffet and the milkshake place, must try a milkshake place.
6. House parties and BBQ - As there isn't much to do around Hatfield have a party or BBQ once in a while is vital, plus you don't have to spend too much as you can buy all the beer and other delightful drinks as much as you like.

But I have added a few more of my own . . .
- Ride the awesome Tiger Bus to St Albans. Its an amazing orange bus that just appears when you most need to get the bus. Its the cheapest bus (80p) for a ride anywhere!
- Try a Hatfieild's Best Kebab
- Late night run to McDonald's but only after a night out at The Forum
- Only nighter in the Library then . . .
- An early morning (5am) run to Asda for a snack
- Take a taxi to and from Uni because you're too lazy/tired to walk
- Visit the props cupboard in TKMax, so many pointless random objects
- At a house party, burn a few unwanted items that you find around the house
- Sleep in your clothes you wore the night before
- Have an argument with a Jehovah's witness on your doorstep
- Watch Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion (many times)
- Have a True Blood marathon or any other TV show marathon
- Make a meal from scratch or make some cupcakes

That's all I can think of at the moment, but these were some highlights and a few things that I have yet to do but I have a week left in Hatfield so I could actually complete the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment