So I was supposed to be doing my dissertation when I got distracted by a clip from Pirates of Penzanze, it was the amazing part where the pirates sing 'With Cat-Like Tread'. Then I decided to just make a short list of reasons why Kevin Kline is so awesome.
1. His movement during the song 'With Cat-Like Tread', he manages to kick his leg high and gain distance at the same time, that is a skill
2. His Italian accent in I Love You To Death. Not a very big film, but amazing cast!
3. He is the only good thing is Wild Wild West.
4. His hysterical breakdowns in Soapdish. Soapdish = best film ever!
5. He was the best Nick Bottom I've seen (apart from myself of course) in any production of A Midsummer Night's Dream.
6. He can speak french! See his new film Queen to Play.
7. Not really up to him but he had the best character name in A Prairie Home Companion, Guy Noir
8. He is hilarious in animation too, perfect casting in The Road to El Dorado.
9. He can actually sing!
10. He can play serious roles too, see The Ice Storm, then never again, really depressing
11. He is an Academy Award Winning Actor (A Fish Called Wanda).